Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Hazelnut Crème Banana Bread
By: Pam - Brockport, PA - Recipe Contest 2015
Even though mom made the best banana bread in the world, I decided to twist it up a bit and modernize it. The addition of hazelnut flavored coffee and chopped hazelnuts makes it a dream to eat alone, or with a freshly brewed cup of Door county Hazelnut Creme Coffee.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (strongly brewed) Door county Hazelnut Creme Coffee (to brew strong coffee, use half the water you normally would use)
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup finely chopped hazel nuts
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in egg, Door county Hazelnut Creme Coffee and banana.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and chopped hazel nuts.
- Add dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 2 pound greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Loosen the sides with a knife and turn onto a cooling rack.