|Recipes » Dessert|
Dulce de Leche Tiramisu
By: Ellen V. - Gloucester, MA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Combining the sweet caramel-ly dulce de leche and this tiramisu recipe, using dark-roasted Elite Espresso coffee, was a sweet easy leap for me!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 2 cups very strong, brewed Door County Elite Espresso
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liquor, divided (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 14-ounce jar/container dulce de leche
- 1 16-ounce container mascarpone fresca
- 30 Italian ladyfingers (called savoiardi)
- 2 tablespoons good-quality sweetened cocoa powder
1. Prepare coffee (preferably in a French Press machine) using 2 tablespoons extra of the ground Elite Espresso, and allow to steep for 4 minutes. Pour 2 cups coffee into a shallow bowl, and add 2 tablespoons coffee-liquor, (optional).
2. Beat the cream in a medium bowl until it holds soft peaks
3. In a larger bowl, combine dulce de leche, mascarpone and remaining 2 tablespoons coffee liquor, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add whipped cream and fold to combine.
4. Dip one side of each ladyfinger into the coffee/liquor mixture and line bottom of a 9 x 12 x 2-inch dish. Spread 1/2 the dulce de leche/mascarpone/cream mixture over the top of the ladyfingers. Repeat with the remaining ladyfingers, again dipping one side of each into the coffee and creating a second layer on top of the cream layer. Finish with the rest of the cream mixture.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours.
6. To serve, remove plastic and dust top with cocoa powder.
7. Serves at least 8.