|Recipes » Dessert|
Double Toffee Coconut Coffee Pie
By: Shannon K. - Simpsonville, SC - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This recipe is so easy to make...it's basically just mix, pour and bake! I've always been a big fan of coffee with my dessert. Now, thanks to this sinfully sweet pie, I can enjoy coffee IN my dessert, too!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup strong-brewed Door County Almond Toffee Coffee
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened per package instructions
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup toffee baking bits (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Whipped cream for garnish, if desired
1. Combine coffee and brown sugar in small saucepan; bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until reduced to about 1/3 cup.
3. Remove from heat; allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
4. While coffee mixture is cooling, preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Place pie crust into 9-inch glass pie plate per package instructions.
6. In bottom of large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
7. Stir in cooled coffee mixture, eggs, butter and vanilla.,
8. Add coconut; stir well to combine.
9. Pour mixture into pie crust; top evenly with toffee baking bits.
10. Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes until set and golden brown.
11. Allow pie to cool completely before slicing and serving.
12. Garnish each serving with whipped cream and extra toffee baking bits, if desired.