Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
By: Charlene – Ellison Bay, WI – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
"What's NOT good about coffee and chocolate combined?!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 C. butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. Door County Coffee Elite Espresso, ground
- 1 C. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips, butter and espresso in saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Beat sugar and eggs in small bowl until lemon colored.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt; add to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.