HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Door County Mocha Cupcakes
By: Tera - Brussels, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
I have always enjoyed baking. Experimenting and changing recipes to find the ultimate dessert to share with others, is a fun experience. It is also been a pleasure for me to share recipes & ideas with others. Whether it be delivering a dessert to a family member or the little old lady neighbor. I have always enjoyed sharing food with others who are unable to find time to bake themselves.
This recipe was an experiment with other recipes on the internet. I enjoy the Door County Coffee, Highlander Grogg & thought it would be a fun experiment using your product. I love to bake cupcakes & make homemade butter cream frostings for friends, neighbor, get togethers, and school functions. This recipe is sweet, unique and very flavorful.
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Highlander Grogg Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg Coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-2 Tbs brewed Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg Coffee
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla, beat well with hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, stir until well blended.
- Pour flour mixture in with egg mixture, stir.
- Slowly add buttermilk and brewed Highlander Grogg coffee into mixture, stir.
- Take cupcake liners & place into cupcake tins, Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with cupcake mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Blend shortening, butter, and vanilla with hand mixer.
- Add confectioners sugar to butter mixture & blend well.
- Add brewed Highlander Grogg coffee to right consistency.