Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee Bark
By: Donna - Howell, MI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Chocolate and cherries are a match made in heaven! So when I noticed that Door County Coffee Company had a Chocolate Cherry flavored coffee, I just had to have it. And then my mind went to how I could infuse that flavored coffee into a dessert that would highlight both chocolate and cherries to intensify and tantalize your taste buds. I came up with recipe for this exquisite candy bark that is not only quick and easy, but it tastes simply divine. It has just the right sweet and salty winning taste combination!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Cherry Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 12 oz. bag of high quality dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency cherries
- 2 tablespoons very finely ground Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, such as fleur de sel
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in microwave for approximately 1 minute; stir and add enough additional time to melt the chocolate completely. It depends on the wattage of your microwave on how much added time you need.
- Keep adding small amounts of time and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Just be very careful not to overheat the chocolate as it will ruin it. You could instead melt the chocolate in a glass or metal bowl over boiling water on top the stove.
- Stir in the chopped hazelnuts, dried cherries, finely ground Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee, and cinnamon.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto cookie sheet in a rectangle about ½ inch think. Sprinkle the top of the chocolate mixture with the coarse salt. Put into the refrigerator to chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Break into desired size pieces.
- Serve in a small decorative metal bucket, or basket, lined with tissue paper for a pretty way to serve your wonderful coffee flavored treat.