Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Denver Chocolate Pudding Cake
By: Julie T. – Sturgeon Bay, WI- 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“We have a cottage on Lily Bay on Lake Michigan. We host a Labor Day picnic for all the neighbors near us to celebrate the end of summer each year. Someone brought this fudge cake to the picnic years ago and everyone loved it! I have been making it ever since. The coffee is a key ingredient. It would be fun to try your other flavors to see how the flavor of the dessert might change.”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 ½ C. cold Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over hot water.
- Add butter and chocolate mixture to dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Then stir in milk, vanilla and cocoa.
- Spread cake batter in greased baking pan.
- Pour cold coffee over the top.
- Bake 40 minutes (Do not overcook).
- Let stand at room temperature & serve cool, but not chilled.
- Serve plain, with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Best served the day it is made while top is still somewhat moist