Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
By: Kate - Saint Michael, MN - Recipe Contest 2015
The cake recipe has been in my family for years. You can use any flavor of your favorite coffee, the hot coffee helps bring out the chocolate flavor of the cocoa. The cupcake itself is vegan with the option of making it oil free as well. You can also substitute vegan buttery sticks into the icing recipe to make it entirely vegan!!
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4Cup Canola Oil or 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tbsp White or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend coffee
- 3 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsps Cocoa Powder
- 1Tbsp brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend coffee
- 2-3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Add dry ingredients to bowl, add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Be sure to scrape down the bowl to ensure no lumps.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes.
- Cream butter, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and coffee.
- Add powder sugar ½ cup at a time, mix until fluffy.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes and Enjoy.