Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Cold Brew Mocha Mint Brownies
By: Corrie K. - Cazenovia, WI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"These are very time consuming to make, but the wait is well worth it!! Rich, chewy, delicious!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Mocha Mint Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup Door County Mocha Mint Coffee grounds
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 12 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 extra large eggs + 1 yolk room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 tablespoons coffee concentrate
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Green Food Coloring
- 2 oz. semisweet semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place coffee grounds and water in a mason jar/glass/etc. Make sure grounds are completely moistened.
- Let sit 8-10 hours.
- Using a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter, pour the coffee into another glass to strain out the grounds.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Let cool 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Add sugar to chocolate, whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla, mint extract, and coffee concentrate.
- Gently fold in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix only until dry ingredients are wet, and no large clumps remain.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 28-32 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely.
- Combine milk, flour, and salt in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, let cool until lukewarm.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla and food coloring.
- Beat in lukewarm flour mixture until it's the consistency of whipped cream. Spread on cooled brownies.
- Combine chocolate and butter in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat, let cool 8-10 minutes. Spread over filling.