Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Toffee Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
You can also use Almond Roca candy, crumbled, in place of Heath Bars,
This cake is a great combination of chocolate, pecans, coffee, toffee and cinnamon.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Private Reserve Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup strong brewed & cold Door County Coffee Private Reserve coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 Toffee Heath Candy Bars, crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease and flour a 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, coco powder and butter.
- Mix until well blended, (reserve 1 cup, set aside).
- In small bowl, beat Private Reserve coffee, half and half, egg, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Stir mixture into the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle reserved cup of flour mixture evenly over the batter.
- Top with crumbled toffee bars and pecans.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 squares.