Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Toffee Banana Croissant Pudding with Miracle Vanilla Cream Sauce and Coffee Dust
By: Devon - Westport, CT - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Caramel Latte Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 ripe but not mushy bananas not peeled
- 6 cups cubed croissants
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons Door County Caramel Latte ground coffee plus 2 tablespoons divided use
- 4 eggs separated
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 2 cups premium all natural premium vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place unpeeled bananas in a baking dish. Bake in oven until the peels turn black. Remove from oven, let cool to touch and placed peeled bananas in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Combine croissant cubes with the bananas and spoon into a greased 4 quart shallow baking dish.
- Place cream, milk, and 4 tablespoons ground coffee in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Heat just until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Line a fine holed sieve with cheesecloth or a single layer of paper towel. Set over a medium size bowl. Very slowly pour cream mixture through sieve. Discard grounds.
- In a bowl beat together the coffee flavored cream blend, egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Pour over croissant cubes.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites and toffee bits into croissant cube mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile prepare vanilla sauce by placing ice cream in a heavy small saucepan. Heat to very low simmer. Cook until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Place 2 tablespoons ground coffee in a food processor and pulse to fine powder.
- Serve croissant pudding warm or chilled with warm vanilla cream sauce and sprinkled with coffee dust.