Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Maple Date Nut Bread With Glaze
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
Yumm, coffee, dates and maple syrup just go together as a very tasty combination.
I love baking nut breads throughout the year especially during the holidays.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling strong brewed Door County Coffee Intense Dark (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- 1 cup pitted dates, pitted, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons strong brewed Door County Coffee Intense Dark (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease and flour a 8 inch x 8 inch loaf pan.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until blended.
- Make a well in center of flour - set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour boiling Intense Dark coffee over the dates and butter; stir until butter melts.
- Stir in maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
- Add mixture into flour well, stir just until moistened, batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out
- Mix glaze in a small bowl.
- Spoon over the cooled bread, let bread with glaze cool completely before wrapping tightly.