Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Creme Brulee
Another one to impress your guests. This out of this world Creme Brulee has just a handful of ingredients that blend together perfectly!
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Wholebean
- 5-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup very coarsely ground Door County Coffee Espresso Beans
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1-1/3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the lowest third of the oven.
- Set eight 8pz. custard cups or ramekins in a jelly-roll pan with at least 1 inch high sides. The cups should not tough each other.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the cream and ground espresso beans until small bubbles form around the rim. Strain the cream through a fine sieve to remove the coffee.
- In a medium metal bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk a little of the hot espresso cream into the yolk mixture and then add the remaining espresso cream. Divide the mixture among 8 cups.
- Place the pan with the cups into the oven and add about 1/2 inch of boiling water. Bake until the custards are set, about 40 minutes. Cool at room temperature for 20 minutes and then refrigerate until cold.