Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
By: Jane M. – Sturgeon Bay, WI - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“Very moist cake. Chocolate lovers delight!”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: French Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 3/4 C. all purpose flour, plus more for the pans
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 3/4 C. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 C. buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 C. Canola oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. freshly brewed hot Door County Coffee French Roast
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 C. confectioners sugar
- 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- about 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in an electric mixer bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly add the coffee and combine just until mixed, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl with a rubber scraper.
- Pour batter in prepared pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until toothpicks come out clean.
- Cool 30 min. in the pan then turn cake onto a cooling rack.
- To make frosting, beat butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add 1/2 C. sugar and melted chocolate.
- Alternate adding sugar and milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cake when completely cooled.