Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coffee Banoffee Cupcakes
By: Michele - Columbus, OH - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Everyone in my family loves when I make banana bread with leftover, overripe bananas. My husband wanted to take a treat into work, so I altered my banana bread recipe and made cupcakes. Since he was taking them in the morning, I decided to incorporate my favorite Door County coffee into the recipe. The result was a big hit with his co-workers and my family!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
Cupcake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 3 bananas - preferably overripe)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong brewed Door County Almond Toffee Coffee - cooled
- 8 oz. cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed Door County Almond Toffee Coffee - cooled
- 3 cups powdered sugar - sifted
- 1/4 cup toffee bits (such as Heath Bits ‘O Brickle)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer with clean beaters to whip the bananas and brown sugar together until combined.
- Add the 1/2 cup melted butter, eggs, and 1/2 cup coffee, and beat until all ingredients are well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix with the electric mixer just until everything is incorporated.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the oven, and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer with clean beaters to cream together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup softened butter, and 1 tablespoon coffee.
- Once combined, slowly mix in powdered sugar. Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Top each cooled cupcake with frosting and then sprinkle with toffee bits.