Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Coconut Joe Cupcake
By: Karen S. - Quitman, AR - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Who doesn't love cupcakes! Right? These cupcakes are light and moist with just a hint of coffee taste and toasted coconut; just a wonderful pairing of flavors."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Coconut Cupcakes Coffee 10 oz. Ground
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon finely ground Door County Coconut Cupcake Coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut oil-melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and coffee.
- Add melted coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and sour cream. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then medium high for 2 minutes.
- Place cupcake liners in regular size muffin tins (makes 18). Using an ice cream scoop fill each tin with a level scoop of batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Remove from pan and cool completely on cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are baking make your ganache by heating the cream in a heavy saucepan just until it simmmers, remove from heat and add the chocolate and butter, let stand for 1 minutes then whisk it together until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate just until it begins to firm up slightly. Place a large round piping tip on a piping bag, fill with ganache, insert tip into each cupcake and squeeze ganache into it until cupcake begins to "bulge".
- Cream the softened butter and shortening in a stand mixing bowl using a paddle attachment, beat on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the salt, vanilla, coconut extract and coconut milk beating on medium high speed until fluffy.
- Frost each cupcake using a knife or a piping bag with large tip.
- Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.