Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Cinnamon Coffee Baklava
By: Darlene B. - Peoria, AZ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"The flaky layers of phyllo were perfect with rich, hearty, coffee and cinnamon flavors. Great as a breakfast pastry or as an elegant dessert!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8 oz roll phyllo dough, thawed
- 1½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup strong brewed Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut or Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan with butter.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts and cinnamon until finely chopped. Stir in ½ cup mini chips.
- Unroll phyllo and cut it to fit pan. (Phyllo is 9x14 so you will need to remove about 5 inches. Use the shorter pieces to complete some of the middle layers).
- Remove a single sheet of phyllo and place it in the prepared pan. Brush with butter., Place another layer of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Continue layering until you have 6 layers. (Cover remaining phyllo with damp paper towel while layering).
- Spread with ¼ of the walnut mixture. Layer 5 more layers of phyllo and butter. Spread another ¼ of the walnut mixture. Repeat 2 more times ending with 6 layers of phyllo and butter.
- Generously butter top of baklava. With a sharp knife, score baklava, to desired shape, cutting through all layers.
- Bake Baklava 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine coffee, sugar, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Heat until sauce starts to boil, then reduce heat and simmer just until sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally. (About 5 minutes).
- Allow sauce to cool to room temperature. Spoon cooled sauce over hot baklava. Allow baklava to set at room temperature at least 2 hours before removing from pan.
- Combine remaining ½ cup mini chips and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 20 seconds. Stir and then microwave at 20 second intervals until melted.
- Spoon chocolate into small plastic sandwich bag and clip a small piece off of 1 corner. Place chocolate in plastic bag and drizzle chocolate over baklava.