Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Chocolate Twig Torte
By: Mary - Sturgeon Bay, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
My mother used to make this torte for her card club group years ago, and as a little girl I tasted it and from then on requested it for every one of my birthdays...wonderful with vanilla ice cream on the side too...yum!
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Country Morning Blend Coffee 10 oz Bag Ground
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup of brewed (cooled) Door County Coffee Country Morning Blend coffee
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspsoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 4 egg whites beaten stiff
- A good powdered sugar chocolate frosting of your choosing.
- Cream shortening, add sugar slowly, beat in egg yolks one at a time
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, add to first mixture alternately with the cold black coffee, mix well
- Stir in the chocolate sprinkles and nuts
- Fold in the beaten egg whites
- Bake in either a tube pan or 2- 9" layer cake pans, about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Frost with a good chocolate frosting