Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
By: Sue G. - Wausau, WI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"I love anything that marries chocolate and coffee! Over the years, I have perfected this recipe and think it is the creamiest cheesecake I have ever eaten!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Heavenly Caramel Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. "Natural" cocoa powder (may also use "Dutch processed" cocoa powder, but I prefer the rich taste of a dark, natural cocoa)
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 1/4 c. Door County Heavenly Caramel coffee -- brewed at TRIPLE strength
- Two 8-oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. Kahlua (or other coffee-flavored liquerer)
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa powder, and melted butter and mix well. Firmly press into the bottom and half way up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Bake at 325°F for five minutes; cool.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 3/4 c. sugar, mixing well.
- Beat in 1/2 c. cocoa. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in coffee, Kahlua, and pure vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. (Filling will be a bit soft, but will firm up as cheesecake stands.)
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack (roughly 2-3 hours).
- Cover and place in the refrigerator and chill at least eight hours, preferably overnight.