Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Chocolate Hazelnut Tipsy Tiramisu
By: Carrie - Hilton Head Island, SC - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Hazelnut and coffee go together like... well, like hazelnut and coffee - the flavors complement each other so delectably! ! This is a simple recipe which uses ingredients that are on hand and it's a classy dessert that will have your family and friends thinking you worked for hours when in fact, it can be prepared in less than an hour! The word "tiramisu" translates from Italian as "pick me up" and this dessert will do just that and your taste buds will say "GRAZIE"!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 box devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup warm brewed Cinnamon Hazelnut Door County Coffee
- 1/2 cup hazelnut liqueur
- (2) 8-ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Bake a devil’s food chocolate cake from a box mix according to package directions and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl stir together the brewed Cinnamon Hazelnut Door County Coffee and hazelnut liqueur and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Cut the devil’s food cake into 3/4”-inch slices and place 1/2 the cake slices covering the bottom of an 8 x 8 glass or metal pan.
- Pour half the Cinnamon Hazelnut Door County Coffee and hazelnut liqueur mixture over the cake slices.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the slices using a spatula.
- Add the remaining cake slices then pour remaining coffee liqueur mixture then spread remaining cream cheese mixture on top.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with cocoa powder just before serving.