HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Chocolate Espresso Bacon Spice Cookies
By: Nadine M. – Mount Healthy, OH - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“I really wanted to make a fun, interesting cookie for a meeting I was attending. I brought a plate of these. And they were quite a success!! The combination of the espresso, spice and bacon makes for a great cookie, REALLY!”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 1/4 C. sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1 /2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 C butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 C. flour
- 1/2 C. dark baking cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. Door County Elite espresso, finely ground
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 strips of bacon, cooked crisp, drained & crumbled
- 1 C. dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Remove a 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture and place in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Add butter to the remaining sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, Door County Elite espresso, cream of tatar, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly beat into creamed mixture.
- Gently stir in the bacon and dark chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll into the reserved sugar mixture.
- Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes until just set.
- Remove from the oven and place on cooling racks.
- To Prepare glaze (optional): In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and 2 tsp milk. Add more milk, if needed, to obtain the right consistency.When cookies have cooled, drizzle with the sugar glaze.