Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Chocolate Dipped Mocha Acorns
By: Gerry - Milwaukee, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
I really like to make these cookies for gifts or when I'm getting together with a friend for coffee. The taste of chocolate and coffee together is such a compliment. I like to put the cookies into a small basket when giving them as a gift. The look of this cookie really catches peoples attention and they taste great. If you prefer to not use a flavored coffee. Ground Espresso beans serve as a great substitute.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon very fine ground Chocolate Caramel Truffle coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped, toasted pecans (instruction in next section)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bowl until fluffy, mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, ground coffee and salt. Mix into creamed butter mixture until combined.
- Scoop about 1-1/2 Tablespoon of dough onto smooth surface, shape and press dough together with your hand into a small mound that resembles a haystack about 1 inch tall.
- Pinch the top of the haystack into a point.
- Space 2 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookie for about 20 minutes until slightly browned and firm.
- Cool slightly.
- Melt chocolate at 50% power in microwave for about 2 minutes, mix until smooth.
- Dip wide end of acorn cookies into melted chocolate and then into chopped toasted pecans Place on waxed paper lined rack and allow to set.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and mix in chopped nuts and dash of salt.
- Spread nuts on a baking pan and bake at 325 for 20 minutes.