Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Banana Java Scones
By: Marisa – Vaughn, ON – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
"A great breakfast or mid day snack low in fat!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 cup pastry flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp each vanilla and cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Door County Elite Espresso, cooled
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup granola
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or use a silpat sheet.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except granola and cranberries.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour them into the dry.
- Add the cranberries.
- Stir to mix with a fork. Do not over mix.
- Gently pat out the mixture in a large circle, to a 1" thickness, using your thumb to straighten the sides. Brush the top with milk.
- Sprinkle with granola, cut into 8 sections, separating just slightly so they get crunchy on all sides.
- Bake for 30 min until golden brown.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream or serve with jam and a pat of butter or margarine.