|Recipes » Dessert|
Amaretto Meringue Torte
By: Sharon H. - Minneapolis, MN - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"I created my "Amazing Amaretto Meringue Torte" because I wanted to serve a rich, but light dessert. This dessert is a perfect complement to a wonderful cup of Door County Coffee."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Amaretto Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 Tbsp. brewed Door County Amaretto Coffee
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- Garnish, Marich Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar while gradually adding 1 1/4 cups sugar until egg whites are stiff and shiny. Then add vinegar and vanilla.
3. Spread meringue into 8” buttered and floured glass pie plate and place in heated oven, immediately close oven door and turn off oven temperature, leave meringue in oven overnight or a total of 8 hours, DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR TO PEAK.
4. In a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate morsels and 4 Tbsp. of Door County Amaretto Coffee. Let cool slightly.
5. Drizzle 4 Tbsp. of chocolate mixture over meringue.
6. Beat whipping cream until stiff, gently fold remaining chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, spread on meringue, refrigerate for 4 hours.
7. Garnish with whipped cream stars or flowers and “Marich Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans”.