|Recipes » Dessert|
Amaretto Coffee Fudge Cake
By: Nancy H. - Las Vegas, NV - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a yummy, gooey, chocolate fudge cake, made with delicious Door County Amaretto Coffee flavor! Best served with a little bit of ice cream!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Amaretto Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 3/4 cup strong hot brewed Door County Amaretto Coffee
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2 % milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or amaretto liqueur)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- To top; Whipped cream or coffee ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prep 1 ungreased 9 inch square baking dish,
2. In large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons coco powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk milk, canola oil, almond extract until blended.
4. Add mixture to flour, stir JUST until moistened.
5. Transfer batter to ungreased baking dish.
6. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa powder. Sprinkle over batter.
7. Pour Amaretto strong brewed hot coffee over all. Do not stir.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Top with whipped cream or coffee ice cream.