|Recipes » Dessert|
Almond Coffee Apple Pie
By: Candy B. - Makawao, HI - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“What makes this recipe special is the wonderful depth of flavor Door County Amaretto Coffee gives to it.”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Amaretto Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
• 1/2 C. granulated sugar
• ¾ C. all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
• 6 C. peeled, cored and sliced Granny Smith apples
• 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shell
• 1/3 C. brewed Door County Coffee Amaretto Flavored Coffee, cooled
• 1/2 C. light brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp. finely chopped Door County Coffee Amaretto Coffee Beans
• 2 Tbsp. finely chopped roasted almonds
• 1/4 C. butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, blend granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Fold in apple slices, tossing gently but well to coat evenly.
4. Spread apple slices in pie shell and drizzle them with brewed coffee.
5. In a small mixing bowl, blend remaining 1/2 cup flour with brown sugar, ground coffee beans and chopped almonds.
6. Cut in butter and crumble mix over top of pie.
7. Bake 50 minutes.
8. Serve hot, warm or cool.