HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Breakfast|
Java Berry Stuffed French Toast
By: Rachel - Mannington, WV - Recipe Contest 2015
Don't just drink your coffee in the morning, eat it too! This delicious combination will perk you up and indulge your senses at the same time.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Private Reserve Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup strongly-brewed Door County Coffee Private Reserve coffee (to brew strong coffee, use half the water you normally would use)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, warm the coconut oil over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, Private Reserve coffee and milk, whisk thoroughly.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, being sure to coat both sides.
- Cook dipped bread in skillet over medium heat, flipping to cook each side, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Thaw berries in the microwave.
- Spread cream cheese over french toast, then top with berries, and finish with second slice of French toast to make a sandwich.