Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Breakfast|
Door Country Coffee Nut Buttermilk Scones
By: Barb - Orleans, ON - Recipe Contest 2015
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 7 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 2/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped hazel nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend coffee
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces (pea size) and rub into flour until crumbly.
- Stir in nut meats (Nuts should be added before the buttermilk).
- Combine the brewed Door Country Coffee with the buttermilk.
- Make a small well in the flour/butter mixture and slowly stir in the coffee/buttermilk.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead gently (too much kneading makes a tough scone).
- Leave small chunks of butter in the dough for a flakier scone.
- Knead just enough to form 2 rounds.
- Cut each round into 6 triangular shapes.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with favorite jam or marmalade and a cup of Door Country Coffee.
- Makes 1 dozen extra large scones.