HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Breakfast|
Coffee Can Breakfast Bread
By: Marie - Brandon, FL - Recipe Contest 2015
I love old fashioned, nostalgic recipes. The recipes handed down from your grandmother. And I also love updating them with special twists and ingredients. Coffee cans are hard to come by now, but if you can find them I love the perfectly round slices it makes. Everyone will fight over the crunchy top layer! This recipe also works beautifully in a loaf pan.
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 cup Door Country Coffee Breakfast Blend Single Serve brewed coffee
- 1 lb bacon
- cooked crisp drained and chopped
- 1 cup dried chopped dates
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup roasted chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two (2) 22 ounce cleaned aluminum cans. Note: You can substitute a greased 8 ½” X 4 ½ “ loaf pan.
- Brew the single service Door Country Breakfast Blend coffee.
- Cut bacon into small pieces cook in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring often until slightly crispy drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl place the dates, butter, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and coffee, whisk to combine and let sit 10 minutes or until cool.
- When mixture is cool add vanilla cinnamon maple syrup flour and baking powder, Whisk gently to combine.
- Fold in three-quarters of the cooked bacon (reserving the last quarter) and pecans.
- Divide bread batter between the two cans filling ¾ of the way to the top of the can, Place cans on baking sheet, Bake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While bread is baking, mix cream cheese with remaining bacon and half and half, Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool in the cans about 10-15 minutes and gently turn out bread onto a rack to cool, Cool completely before slicing.
- Slice and serve with Bacon Cream Cheese.