Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Breakfast|
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
By: Janet - Bettendorf, IA - 2016 Recipe Contest
"I took an old recipe that I had and updated it with almond milk to replace the whole milk. I used coconut oil and yogurt to replace the butter and included whole wheat pastry flour and walnuts in the recipe which were not there before. I replaced 1 cup of the sugar with a 1/2 cup of honey. I sprinkled the raw sugar and cinnamon on top to add an extra element of texture."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Gourmet Coffee
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 container- 5.3 ounce (3/4 cup) coconut crème Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Measure and place the first seven dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Blend slightly.
- Whisk the two eggs. Set aside.
- Place the 1/2 cup of coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt. Add the honey, yogurt, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs to the dry ingredients using a mixer. Mix until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and roughly chopped walnuts. Blend the 6 tablespoons of raw sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Place foil cupcake liners into cupcake pans and fill with muffin batter. Sprinkle 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture on the top . Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen muffins. Remove and let cool. Enjoy!