|Recipes » Breakfast|
Banana Coffee Chocolate Chip Pecan Bread
By: Melissa A. - Jamison, PA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"This bread is a terrific addition to your breakfast or a coffee break. The coffee enhances the flavor of the chocolate chips and the pecans add a delicious nutty crunch."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 tsp. finely ground Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chipped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Spray an 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" bread pan with non-stick cooking spray
3. In a medium bowl, mash the 2 bananas (freezing them and defrosting them makes this step easier). Add the oil, eggs, vanilla extract, coffee, and sugar. Mix with a whisk until well combined.
4. Add the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt to a small bowl. Stir with a spoon to combine.
5. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon just until combined.
6. Add the pecans and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
8. Bake for about 38 minutes or until a wooden toothpick come out clean.