|Recipes » Breakfast|
Banana Bacon Java Scones with Maple Glaze
By: Keith - Mount Healthy, OH - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
This scone is a perfect combination of sweet and savory. Add a cup of Door County Coffee to wash it down and we guarantee you will have a Great Mornin'!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Door County Coffee Mocha Java, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Place bacon in a large skillet; cook until crisp.
4. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain. Crumble bacon; set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
6. Add butter, and using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
7. In a medium size bowl, combine bananas, milk, Mocha Java coffee and vanilla; add to dry mixture.
8. Add bacon, stirring gently to make a moist dough.
9. On a lightly floured board, knead dough for approximately 30 seconds.
10. Pat dough on board to a 1/2 inch thickness.
11. Using a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds.
12. Place on prepared baking sheet.
13. Bake for approximately 14-15 minutes, until gently golden.
14. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
15. Stir until smooth, add more syrup if necessary.
16. Drizzle over warm scones.
Makes: 8-10 scones