|Recipes » Breakfast|
By: Laura – Pocomoke City, MD A
A handy and flavorful spread to have in the refrigerator for a tasty burger enhancement, or to slather on a piece of toast with a fried egg and a cup of Door County Coffee to start your day right.
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
• 1 lb. smoked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1Tbsp. dark brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp. Sriracha or hot sauce
• 1 C. strongly-brewed Door County Coffee
• 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 C. maple syrup
• Black pepper to taste
• Extra water
1. In a dutch oven, fry the bacon in batches until lightly browned and beginning to crisp. Remove, place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
2. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease out of the pan and fry the onion and garlic in the rendered bacon fat on medium heat until translucent.
3. Add the bacon to the onions and garlic, and add the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Simmer for 2 hours adding 1/4 of a cup of water every 25-30 minutes or so, and stir regularly.
4. Let cool then transfer to a food processor. Pulse for several seconds to finely chop and blend the jam.
5. Allow the solids to settle, skim off any excess fat.
6. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.