Zucchini Maple Mocha Cake
By: Mariah M. - Dumfries, VA
"This recipe is a rich, luscious dessert with the perk of coffee and the health of zucchini snuck into the brownie batter. It can be made as gluten and dairy-free, and can make a nice snack for anyone enjoying a healthy lifestyle. It tastes perfect with a fresh cup of coffee, and can even be a decadent breakfast treat (hey, there are veggies and eggs in there!)"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
1/2 cup Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee (cooled)
1 cup zucchini
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup flour (can be made gluten-free with gluten free flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup nondairy mini chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and grease or line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk zucchini, applesauce, water, eggs, chia, oil, coffee, maple syrup and extracts and let the mixture sit for several minutes.
3. Fold dry into wet ingredients and add chocolate in last.
4. Optional: sprinkle extra nondairy chips on top.
5. Bake 35-40 min/until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the pan cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.