HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Wake Me Up Chocolate and Coffee Cake
By: Parker - Jeferson City, TN - 2016 Recipe Contest
"I really love this cake recipe, I have a bunch of co-workers that really love coffee and use it as a pick me up to get their days started, so I thought why not put it in a cake to get people really awake."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Apple Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brewed Door County Caramel Apple coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, plus more as necessary
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 (32 oz) box confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oil, coffee, and milk.
- Mix at medium speed 1 minute.
- Add eggs, and vanilla, beat 2 minutes longer, (Batter will be thin.)
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans (or two 8-in. round baking pans and six muffin cups.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on wire racks.