Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Toffee & Coffee Cashew Crunch Bars
By: Marisa – Vaughn, Ontario – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
"Wow the crowd at your next potluck with these sweet and crunchy bars. Almond Toffee Flavored coffee is the perfect complement to cashews in this simple dessert."
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) dark or light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons brewed Door County Coffee Almond Toffee
- 3 cup(s) raw cashews, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with nonstick foil, letting foil extend 2 inches at short ends.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in sugars, yolk, and salt.
- On low speed, beat in flour until blended (dough will be crumbly).
- Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown at edges.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Bring to a full boil; boil 1 1/2 minutes, whisking a few times.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cream, vanilla, coffee and cashews.
- Pour filling over crust and spread evenly. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly all over.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Lift foil edges to transfer bars to a cutting board. Cut into 36 bars.