Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
By: Cadey K. – Belmont, MI - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“This recipe is adapted from Smitten Kitchen's Tiramisu Cake. It is a family favorite and easily adaptable to a gluten free option. Simply substitute the 2 cups of flour for 1 3/4 cup white rice flour, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, and 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum.”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Intense Dark Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 sticks salted butter (melted)
- 1 C. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baileys or cream tequila
- 1/8 C. prepared Door County Coffee, dark roast
- 1/8 C. prepared Door County Coffee, dark roast,
- 1 8-ounce container of mascarpone
- 1/2 C. confectioners sugar
- Grated Chocolate for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two cupcake pans with cooking spray.
- Mix the butter and sugar and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs individually, beating after each one and then add the yolk and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk or sour milk.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans (filling cups 2/3 full) and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- To make syrup, heat the water until boiling and then mix in sugar, alcohol and coffee.
- To make the frosting, mix the liquid ingredients (except the heavy whipping cream) with the mascarpone and add the powdered sugar.
- In a separate cold glass metal bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream at medium-high speed until firm peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- To assemble the cupcakes, cut cooled cupcakes in half and pour some of the syrup mixture over each cut side and top of the cupcake (leaving the bottom dry). Layer the cupcake halves with the bottom portion, frosting, grated chocolate, top portion of the cupcake, frosting and then a final layer of grated chocolate.