Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
The BEST Tiramisu
By: Kari S. – Two Rivers, WI- 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Highlander Grogg Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 C. white sugar
- 2/3 C. milk
- 1 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 C. strong brewed Door County Highlander Grogg Coffee, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. rum
- 2 (3 oz.) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour until it forms into whipped cream.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of chilled whipped cream mixture over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.