Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Tangy Barbecue Meatball Sliders
By: Kaitlyn K. - Byron Center, MI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Intense Dark Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs or crushed ritz crackers
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lb cooked bacon
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- Garnish; dill pickle slices
- 1 cup brewed Door County Intense Dark Coffee
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, place ground beef, egg yolks, bread crumbs or ritz crackers, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt, oregano, pepper, olives, and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Beat with mixer for two minutes on low speed.
- Form into 30 balls and fry in olive oil until well browned.
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix well, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, once done take off heat and drop cooked meatballs into sauce.
- Cook bacon in pan and place on paper towel to drain
- Into the bacon grease, add in sliced onion, add in butter, and sprinkle with the 1/3 cup sugar, cook until browned.
- Take Hawaiian rolls and top each with browned onions.
- Follow with meatballs sitting in barbecue sauce, pour a spoonful of sauce on each, top with bacon slices cut in halves.
- Brush tops of sliders with sauce and bake in oven on 300°F until crispy on top.
- Top with pickle slices and serve.