Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Sweet and spicy coffee brine for smoked pork roast
By: Kurt - Madison, WI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"I like to smoke meat and pork is one of my favorite. I like coffee flavor in foods like tiramisu and I thought I could do the same to a brine for a pork roast."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 cups of Boiling water
- 4 cups of hot Breakfast Blend coffee
- 2/3 cup of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbs of cyan pepper
- 2 to 5 lb center cut pork roast
- Stir together ingredients. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl place pork and brine over meat.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. Pour off brine, rinse and pat dry.
- Smoke roast as directed ( I prefer cherry wood ) until internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from smoker and cover for 15 minutes. Slice when ready to serve.