HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Spicy Nutcracker Pecan Cookies
By: Carrie Sherrill - Forestville, Wisconsin - 2018
"These cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday baking repertoire. The perfect holiday shortbread cookie, with a hint of ginger and spice, they taste great after dinner for dessert, or even with your morning cup of coffee...because holiday calories don't count...right?"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café
Featured ingredient: Spicy Nutcracker Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 C. Butter at room temperature
- 1/3 C. Sugar
- 2 Tbls. Strong-brewed Spicy Nutcracker Coffee (keep remainder of coffee for icing)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Rum Extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. finely chopped, toasted pecans
- 2 1.2 C. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Soft Butter
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbls. reserved strong brewed Spicy Nutcracker coffee
- Toasted Pecan Halves
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- Toast 1 C. pecan halves on baking sheet in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Once cooled, chop 1/2 C. pecans finely. Set aside. Leave remainder of pecan halves, whole.
- Steep 3 Tbls. Spicy Nutcracker coffee in 1/2 c. boling water. (Pour water over grounds and cover for 5 minutes) Strain. Cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar, coffee, vanilla & rum extracts. Beat until incorporated.
- Mix salt & cinnamon with flour & add gradually to wet ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet and press down slightly to form 1 3/4" rounds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approx. 20 minites util bottoms arelightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- While cookies are baking, prepare icing
- Beat 2 Tbls. butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. Add reserved coffee.
- Frost cooled cookies and garnish with a toasted pecan half.
- Makes 2 Dozen