Spicy Coffee Chicken Wings
By: Jalen J. - Vernon, CT - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Intense Dark Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 c. strongly brewed Intense Dark Door County Coffee
- 1 tbsp. Ground Intense Dark Door County Coffee
- 2 lb. chicken drummettes, Frenched
- 1 c. Water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Ground pepper
- 2 ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Cayenne
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
1. Trim chicken wings and drummettes of excess fat, skin, and cartilage.
2. Place wings in a bowl and add brewed Intense Dark Door County Coffee, water, 2 Tablespoons of salt and bay leaf.
3. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 6 hours to overnight.
4. In a small bowl, mix the ground Intense Dark Door County Coffee, 1 tsp. salt, ground pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, poultry seasoning and cayenne together, and taste to see if the spice is to your liking.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
6. Drain and rinse wings. Then pat dry with paper towel.
7. Toss lightly in spice mixture ensuring wings are evenly coated.
8. Arrange wings on baking rack (with lined drip pan underneath) and cook for 15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes have passed baste lightly with maple syrup and then cook an additional 10 minutes.
10. Baste a second time lightly with maple syrup and then broil for an additional 3 -5 minutes to caramelize sugar.