HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Sinful Delight Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes
By: Angela - La Quinta, CA - 2015 Recipe Contest
This frosting is simple, and much more nutritious than store bought frosting with the addition of tofu, and preferred by my children.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1 Box devils food cake mix
- 2 Door County Coffee Sinful Delight single serve coffee's
- 3/4 cup water - plus 1/4 cup water for frosting
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) package dark chocolate chips
- 1 (12.3 oz.) package soft tofu drained of liquid
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place dark chocolate chips into a large microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute 30 seconds on high.
- Add butter and vanilla, stir till smooth.
- Into a blender add tofu, maple syrup, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 of a single serve Sinful Delight coffee, puree until smooth, use a rubber spatula to remove tofu blend and pour into melted chocolate chips.
- Stir and pour into an airtight container, chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix remaining Sinful Delight single serve coffee, water vegetable oil eggs, follow cake mix directions from box for cupcakes
- Allow to cool
- Stir frosting and apply to cooled cupcakes