Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
By: Debbie - Clearwater, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shredded coconut
- 4 (4 - 5 ounces each) salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons strong brewed Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee
- 1/2 cup mango jam
- 2 tablespoons mango rum
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a small plate, mix together the thyme, ground coffee, macadamia nuts and coconut. One piece at a time, firmly press the salmon, flesh side down, into the coffee mixture, fully coating the flesh with the coating.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet (cast iron works great), heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the salmon, coffee coated side down, into the skillet and cook until coating is set, approximately 1 - 2 minutes.
- Turn the salmon pieces over. Place the skillet into the preheated oven. Cook salmon until cooked through, approximately 10 - 12 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, prepare the sauce: Place the brewed coffee, jam and rum into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, approximately 3 - 4 minutes.
- To serve, place the salmon onto serving plates, coffee coated side up; spoon the sauce around the salmon, garnish with macadamia nuts, coconut, and thyme.