Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Mountain Apple Java Cake
By: Troy W. - Sanford, LA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This recipe is the perfect blend of mountain apple moonshine, fine coffees, sweet sticky topping and salty pretzels."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ¼ cup Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup apple pie moonshine
- ¼ sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup of shredded apple
- ¼ cup Door County Colombian Coffee
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini Bundt cake pans with nonstick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugar together at medium setting. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add eggs, almond extract, vanilla extract, apple pie moonshine, Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee, cinnamon, and shredded apple to the bowl of creamed butter/sugar. Continue to mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the ingredients you mixed in the separate bowl (flour, salt, and baking powder), and add to the mixture. Mix for 2 min. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Evenly spoon batter into mini cake pans about ¾ full and bake for 15-20 min. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of each cake. If it comes out clean, they are ready. Remove from oven, remove from mini cake pans, and place on cooling rack.
- In a medium pot, mix brown sugar, white sugar, water, vanilla extract, Door County Colombian Coffee, and dark corn syrup and bring to boil, stirring often.
- Set to medium heat and add heavy cream. Mix well and remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler crush pretzels. Dip top of cakes in caramel mix, bottom of cakes in chocolate and crushed pretzels.