Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Mediterranean Coffee Rice Salad
By: Candy – Makawao, HI – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“Ingredients and a cuisine we love! A winning combination that appeals and looks so special - yet is easy to make. I love putting a new and tasty twist on an old favorite dish.”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sumatra Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 C. brewed Door County Coffee Sumatra
- 1-1/2 C. water
- 1 C. uncooked brown rice
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed dry oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 C. chopped and seeded ripe red tomatoes
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 C. sliced black olives
- 1/4 C. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 C. finely chopped green onion(both green and white parts)
- Bring coffee and water to boil in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat.
- Add rice, stir, cover and bring heat to low.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid in pan is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to cool.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, oregano and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, feta, olives, parsley and green onion.
- Allow mixture to marinate until rice is cool, then gently fold rice into mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.