Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Lemon Shortbread Coffee Cookies
By: Carrie Sherrill - Brussels, WI
"This cookie is the combination lemon and buttery shortbread, the perfect mix. They are so fun and easy, and perfect for a family picnic!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of our Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Lemon Shortbread Cookie Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. finely ground Door County Lemon Shortbread Coffee
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 11X7 inch pan and then line with parchment paper, leaving an inch overhang on long sides of pan. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes. Add powdered sugar, coffee and lemon juice and peel. Beat an additional 3-4 minutes. Gradually add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Carefully spread dough into prepared pan using greased offset spatula.
- Place pan in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and poke all over with a fork.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (until golden brown), turning pan once during baking.
- While shortbread is baking, combine remaining sugar and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Upon removing pan from oven, sprinkle generously with sugar/lemon peel mixture.
- Cut into bars approximately 1X4 inches while hot.
- Set pan on rack to cool completely.
- njoy with a fresh cup of Lemon Shortbread coffee!