Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Jingle Bell Java Cracked Wheat Bread
By: Peter Sherrill - Forestville, Wisconsin - 2018
"This bread is great for morning toast, or even with a grilled cheese sandwich. It toasts the notes of the Jingle Bell Java coffee, but works as either a sweet or a savory bread! It is a family favorite, thats for sure!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jingle Bell Java Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 1 Full Pot bag Jingle Bell Java, steeped in 3 cups boilng water
- ½ cup cracked-wheat cereal (uncooked)
- ¾ cup water
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp diastatic malt powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp butter or canola oil
- 2 tsp rapid rise yeast
- Pour hot Jingle Bell java over the cracked wheat. Allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
- Put cracked wheat-coffee mixture in a large bowl, or the pan of your bread machine.
- Add ¾ cup water,3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. salt, 2 Tbsp honey, ¼ tsp diastatic malt powder, 1 ½ Tbsp butter or canola oil, 2 tsp rapid rise yeast.
- Use the dough hook of your mixer, or the “dough” setting of your bread machine, to create a smooth, slightly sticky dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place.
- Allow the dough to rise until it’s doubled in bulk. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead two or three minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Shape into an oblong roll, and let the dough rest while you coat a 5x9-inch bread pan with 2 Tbsp cornmeal and cooking spray.
- Place the dough in the bread pan, cover with the plastic wrap and let rise again in a warm place.
- When the dough is about ¼ inch above the rim of the pan, preheat your oven to 350º F. Remove the plastic wrap from the pan, and bake about 30 minutes. If you have an instant-read thermometer, the internal temperature should be 200º. If you don’t have that thermometer, after 30 minutes tip the bread out of its pan and tap the bottom of the loaf. It’s done if your tapping produces a hollow sound. If not, slip back into the pan and bake another 5 minutes. Try again.