Java Turtle Cheesecake Bars
By: Karen S. - Quitman, AR - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"I love turtle candies so when my daughter passed along a bag of your Turtle In A Cup I knew immediately what I was going to make with it. Who says that coffee is only for drinking?!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Turtles In a Cup Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely ground Door CountyTurtles In a Cup Coffee
- 1 1/2 sticks buter (12 tablespoons) melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (melt in microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted)
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cold Door CountyTurtles In a Cup Coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 can dulce de leche
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and finely ground coffee in a medium size mixing bowl.
3. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and press in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. With mixer on slowly add in the melted chocolate, vanilla, coffee and eggs beating until well combined.
5. Pour mixture over the cooked crust. Drop spoonfuls of the dulce de leche over the filling then use a knife to slightly swirl it through the cheesecake filling.
6. Bake at 350°F for 26-28 minutes.
7. Garnish with pecan pieces and additional dulce de leche if desired. Best if somewhat chilled.