Jamaican Me Crazy Spicy Riblets Ketchup
By: Teresa H. - Framingham, MA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 Cup of brewed Door County Jamacian Me Crazy Coffee
- 2 lbs. of pork Riblets
- 1 Cup of ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup of dark brown sugar
1. In a sauce pan, combine Door County Jamacian Me Crazy Coffee, ketchup, cinnamon, Allspice, ginger, black pepper and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 min.
2. Reduce heat to med. low and cook for approx. 20 additional min. Let sauce cool.
3. Place Riblets in a plastic resealable bag and pour the sauce over them. Seal bag while squeezing the air out. Massage the sauce into the Riblets for a few min. Place into the refrigerator and let marinate for 2 hours.
4. To cook, heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed cookie tray with heavy duty foil and place Riblets with sauce in one layer.
5. Cook for 2 hours while basting in its own sauce every 15 min.
6. After the cooking time, set the oven to broil and set rack to the highest level. Broil ribs on both sides for 4 to 5 min or until the sauce begins to carmelize.